- Students must reach school on time. Late comers will not be allowed to enter the campus if they don’t have a valid reason for being late. The reason should be recorded in the diary.
- Every student must carry a copy of the Student’s Diary and it should be brought to the School daily. The student’s diary keeps parents informed about the day to day performance / progress and short comings of their ward. Parents are requested to check the diary daily and to keep in touch with the school if there is any adverse remark about the ward. Parents are requested to furnish all particulars required in the diary.
- Personal cleanliness and hygiene are expected from all. Shabby, uncombed and long hair for boys will not be permitted. Fancy haircuts are not allowed either. Hair should always be well groomed and for girls with long hair, it should be neatly tied back.
- The students must have the complete school uniform exact in colour and pattern prescribed. A student without proper uniform, shoes, tie etc. will be asked to return home.
- Running, shouting and playing inside the school building is forbidden. Silence must be observed when moving around in the school building.
- If a student is late or absent, he / she must bring a written explanation in the “Absence Record / Late coming Record” in the student’s diary.
- No student will leave the school premises without the specific permission of the Principal.
- The school is not responsible for books, money, valuables, clothes and other articles that are lost. Students must take care of their own belongings. It is not advisable to have money or valuable articles with them. All are advised to carry their books in secure bags that can be locked.
- No books (other than those prescribed and library books), comics, newspapers, periodicals etc. shall be brought to the school without the consent of the school authorities. Floppy discs, CD – ROMs, DVDs, Audio Cassettes, Video Cassettes, Music CDs, electronic equipment like MP3 players and GSMs are strictly prohibited.
- All curricular, co-curricular, extra-curricular activities, literary and cultural programmes and sports and games are compulsory for students, unless prevented to do so on medical grounds.
- Any damage done to school property will have to be made good. Students throwing waste material will be warned and fined. Remember to keep the school premises clean.
- All students are responsible to the school authorities for their behaviour both in and outside the school. Any objectionable behaviour reported or observed outside the school premises on the part of the students will be dealt with severely.
- Disrespect and disobedience to teachers / supervisors, use of abusive language and any kind of misconduct will be met with serious punishment and may lead to dismissal.
- Students with irregular attendance and conduct injurious to the moral tone of the school may be asked to leave the school.
- Morning assembly is compulsory for all students.
- Students should respect their teachers and fellow- students and behave decorously at all times.
- The one key rule – not only for school, but life is “Behave with honesty, courtesy and common sense at all times.”
- STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO CARRY OR USE MOBILE PHONES IN THE SCHOOL.
- All boys (except Sikhs) must wear their hair short. Girls must tie their hair neatly with a white band.
- Tiffin should be arranged by the parents / guardian.
- Lending or borrowing of money or any other articles is strictly prohibited.
- Student who comes to school with their escorts should never leave before their escort arrives. Incase of delay, they should report to the school office. They should also show proper identity card at the school gate.
- Students should get their report cards signed by their Parents/Guardians within 2(two) days of their receipt of the report cards.
- The name, class and section of the pupil should be clearly marked on all the belongings of the students.
- A student who fails twice in the same class will not be permitted to continue his / her studies in the school.
- Latecomers, uniform defaulters and children who do not do their home work regularly, will be sent home.
- A student who uses unfair means during tests will be given zero in the subject with a warning letter. Repetition of the same will result in dismissal.
- Students are not allowed to use the school telephone without the permission of the receptionist. They will not be called to answer phone calls during class hours.
- The school does not permit smoking and lighting of fire crackers. Stern action, which may include expulsion, will be taken against the offenders.
- The school does not permit the celebration of birthdays in the school campus.
- The school authority will not take any responsibility of any incidence outside the premises of the school.
- The Parents/Guardians, in case of the absence of the child, should inform the class teacher, before or after the school working hours, of the reason for the absence.
- The school may change and / or add to these rules and regulations at any time.
GUESTS: Any visitor to our school is a guest. As at home, we stand up to welcome them. We offer them a seat or show them to the office or to the person they want to meet.
- A word or note of thanks is not only an essential ingredient of daily life, but gives much pleasure to both sides.
- Always ensure that the person with whom you are talking has your full attention. Don’t be distracted in the middle of a conversation as this is considered rude.
- English is to be spoken at all times in the campus. Students speaking in any other language while at school will be fined.ASHALATA BASU VIDYALAYA School is an English medium school and each student is obliged to promote English as the language for communication.
A Special Request to Parents
1. Give the school your trust and co-operation.
2. Ensure that your children respect, obey and co-operate with the teachers.
3. Support the various activities of the school.
4. Give quality time to your child at home.
1. Parents have to submit a written application for leave and obtain the necessary permission from the Principal before their child / children proceed on leave. Parents are advised to meet the Principal with their child / children before they attend classes after a long leave.
2. Application for leave on medical grounds should be supported by authentic medical certificates.
3. Absence without permission should be avoided. A student’s name will be struck off the rolls if he / she is absent for 15 working days unless the leave is sanctioned by the Principal in advance. Such students will be admitted only after paying re-admission fee and all dues up to the date of re-admission. The final decision regarding this matter is left to the discretion of the Principal.
4. At least 85 % attendance is necessary to be considered for promotion.
5. Granting of leave does not necessarily mean that the student’s name will be retained in the register indefinitely. It is liable to be struck off on the expiry of the leave granted or in the event of non-payment of fees.
6. No leave will be granted during the examination period.
7. Students suffering from the following diseases must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to class,
|Chicken pox||Till complete falling of the scabs.|
|Cholera||Till the child is completely well.|
|Measles||Two weeks after the rash disappears.|
|Mumps||Until the swelling has gone, about one month.|
|Jaundice||As prescribed by Doctor|
|Typhoid||As prescribed by Doctor|
Rules related to Late Arrival in School
1. The School gate will close at 10.00 a.m.
2. All late arrivals, if they arrive after the gate has been closed, will be punished/action have taken against them.
3. Three consecutive late arrivals will lead to the student being sent back home.
The School Library is open to all bonafide students of the school. All Classes are provided with at least one library period per week. Students have to observe the following rules:
1. Students are allowed to borrow books only on their own cards.
2. They must maintain absolute silence in the library.
3. Books other than reference books are issued for 1 week. Ref. Books are also issued to the students during weekends for 2 days. If the library books are returned late without a valid reason the borrowing facility is withdrawn for 2 weeks.
4. Books marked, disfigured or damaged will have to be replaced or paid for by the borrower.
5. The Library has an open shelf system and students must maintain order and organization in the different shelves. They must put the books on the tables after consultation and not just anywhere on the shelves.
6. Students are not allowed to bring their personal books into the Library.